It’s hard to believe that I am already embarking on my second year of college! This summer flew by, and today I officially start my journey back. At this time last year I was at New Student Orientation, taking in an abundance of information about the next four years of my life.
Now that I am returning to school for my second year, I have a few goals in mind for what I would like to accomplish. Now that I will have less of an adjustment, I hope to settle in to a productive and authentic routine.
Second Year Goals:
- Embody the mantra “Never say no to a new adventure” and continue to branch out of my comfort zone, while staying true to my values and beliefs
- Continue on my blogging journey, and expand my blogging horizons by joining new Twitter chats and Facebook groups
- Explore my passion for religious studies by making connections within the major and exploring options for future career paths
- Harness my creative energy into endeavors to help others (blog posts for organizations, etc.)
- Find balance between academics, extracurriculars, and blogging. Make time for all, and make time to de-stress
- Meet new people and attend more campus events, especially academic speakers and other prominent visiting scholars
- Work on total body fitness with upper body strength workouts mixed in with my usual cardio
- Maintain consistent nutrition for the entire year, and improve my vegan cooking abilities
- Read more books, especially before bed instead of looking at my social media accounts
- Go to bed earlier and get adequate rest for my busy schedule
- Travel off campus more and explore surrounding areas that I haven’t visited
I’m excited to embark on my new journey, and I will keep you updated on my adventures! 🙂 What are your goals for this year?
©2016 The Wise Willow and Alyssa DeBella. All rights reserved.